So you’ve decided to plan a vacation to Jamaica! Now the question is where should you stay? There are so many options that it really is hard to choose. Jamaica has several “chain” hotels, which means that there are other hotels with the same name throughout the world. The RIU Hotel Jamaica is part of one of the largest hotel chains in the world. There are several Riu Hotels Jamaica, including Riu Montego Bay, Riu Negril, and Riu Ocho Rios Jamaica. Listed below are some highlights of why the Riu has become so popular in Jamaica.
1. Like all Riu hotels, Riu Jamaica is also known for its high-quality service. The convenience, comfort and enjoyment of guests are of the utmost importance to the hotel and its staff and crew. They are equipped and are efficient to meet the needs and requirements of guests.
2. The food is amazing…and there is so much! At the Riu you have several delicious options, either a buffet or a traditional sit-down restaurant. They also have a wide range of Italian, Jamaican, American and more options!
3. More water sports than you can handle. Activities include swimming, snorkeling, sailing, and windsurfing. There are also diving expeditions for the more adventurous. In addition, due to the exchange program privileges available from Riu Jamaica, guests of Riu Negril can take advantage of the facilities and services of Riu Ocho Rios Jamaica, which is known for its magnificent waterfalls. Scouting trips are available if guests are interested.
4. All Riu hotels in Jamaica are modern with upgraded facilities. In fact, the Riu Negril was recently closed for a complete renovation and reopened last year. An example would be their offering of unique room amenities, including their very popular liquor dispenser and mini-bar. The suites also offer whirlpool-equipped bathtubs, which is especially relaxing after a tiring and eventful day.
5. All the Riu hotels in Jamaica are in great locations. They are located throughout the island in all the major cities, close to the beach and close to shops. So, whichever place you choose to stay, you’ll be well taken care of. My personal favorite is Riu Negril, because of the laid back Negril atmosphere.
With great food, free-flowing drinks, and tons of fun for family and friends, your trip to Jamaica will never be the same without a stop at the Riu Hotel Jamaica!