An easy diet plan to help you in the New Year.
Ok, we’ve all eaten and tasted Christmas cookies, everyone’s creations, and specialty cake and chocolate purchases. Remember that it is not polite to refuse a gift! On New Years Eve we had to make the champagne toast to bring in the New Year and once it started, it’s hard to stop!
Now what, if you’re like me, this two-week vacation period always represents at least 10 pounds of new belly bump to stretch those jeans a little more.
But not all is lost. There are some simple steps you can take to promote fat loss without having to make celery your food of choice!
Here is a list of foods, which I will call the fabulous fat burners, mainly because they keep you full longer and require more energy to digest: Fabulous Fat Burners:
- Oatmeal: It is rich in fiber and provides that feeling of fullness that lasts well beyond the donuts that are on the table. Use berries to provide the sweetness needed.
- Almonds and walnuts: Another stomach filler beats rice cakes. Skip the salty ones and don’t beat them so the calorie count stays low.
- Berries: Lots of fiber in these little bundles
- Vegetables: Spinach and broccoli are high in fiber and very low in calories. Start with a salad made with romaine, arugula, or spinach and you’ll feel full, allowing for smaller portions for the rest of the meal. Avocados are another great source of fiber and are great additions to a salad.
- Beans: The best are: Lima, Kidney, White and Navy Beans. They are low in calories and contain a lot of protein and fiber. They help eliminate fat and help you lose weight.
- Eggs: They have an important ingredient for metabolizing fats, vitamin B12. Egg eaters lose more weight than bagel eaters!
- Whole grains: Another High Fiber Item That Keeps You Full Longer!
- Lean Meats and Fish: More calories are burned from digesting protein, so go for turkey or fish, especially tuna or salmon. These fish also contain omega-3s that reduce stress chemicals to keep you slimmer.
- Peanut butter: It is packed with niacin that helps digestion and prevents bloating. 2 tablespoons a day and all natural with no added sugar is best.
- Dairy products: Yogurt is full of calcium that breaks down fat and can even prevent its build-up. Choose low-fat or fat-free. Parmigiana cheese is another calcium-rich dairy product that activates fat burning hormones. Plus, it’s high in protein, which will keep you fuller for longer. A great addition to salads.
- Tea: The green variety is rich in antioxidants that accelerate metabolism. Those who drink tea can burn up to 266 more calories per day. Try four cups a day.
- Protein powder: Contains amino acids that burn fat. Add two teaspoons to a fruit, yogurt, or low-fat smoothie for a fat-busting drink.
Negative calorie foods: What do you say? Negative calorie foods?
This is a group of foods that actually require more energy to consume and digest than the calorie count in the food itself. So you can eat as much as you want. Fat Burner List so you get both benefits in one food. Many of these are great snacks. You can leave them in bowls and baskets for the whole family.