Instagram has more than half a billion active users. The statistics on Instagram could be described as very impressive and encouraging. A little breakdown will surprise and thrill you at the same time. Instagram has more than 500 million active users with more than 300 million daily active users, 80% of those users are outside the US, 4.2 billion likes every day and more than 95 million photos and videos uploaded every day. This is simply wonderful and a gold mine for online merchants and businesses.
Those stats should send a signal to your nerves and allow you to understand how important Instagram could be to your business. The question is, how do you get on Instagram and acquire followers that will become your loyal customers? I will show you how to do it in the following steps and guidelines
1. Sign up with Facebook – This is the easiest and fastest way to set up your Instagram account. It will automatically allow you to follow your friends who are already on Instagram and they will also follow you. Your friends and family will be the first followers on Instagram, which will help you improve your profile and prepare for the main offer.
2. Quality photos: the most important thing on Instagram is the quality of your photos, make sure your photos are of high quality before posting them on Instagram. Having quality photos on Instagram helps you get more likes, comments and more followers, which will help you climb the ladder and to the top of all your competitors within the same niche. If you are taking the photos with a camera, make sure the lighting and focus are correct to get the correct photos you need to go viral on Instagram.
3. Like other photos: I call this trick notice me. It’s like your first day at school, no one knows you and the only way people will start interacting with you is by taking the first step to say hello or introduce yourself. When you like other people’s photos, those people visit your profile and decide to follow and also like your photos. This is how you start growing your network on Instagram
4. Follow Others – This is the fastest way to grow your followers on Instagram. When you follow others, they decide to follow you and create a connection between them. This helps increase your followers and likes on the photos you have on your profile. Follow others to get more followers
5. Comment on other photos: This method requires more time and work, but it is surely worth it. When you comment on other people’s photos, you increase the chance that they will follow you and like your photos too. Just take some time out of your social media marketing calendar and comment on other people’s photos to increase your following.
6. Use relevant hashtags – Hashtags have come a long way on social media and Instagram is no exception. Making use of relevant hashtags will help you get more visibility and popularity on Instagram. The more hashtags you use, the more popular your photos will become. This means more likes, more followers and more comments that help improve your profile.
7. Trading Shoutouts: This is simply a method of promoting others while they promote you as well. It is simply a win-win situation. This method helps promote your profile. You simply need to find people within your niche and communicate with them and ask for recognition. You can simply do this by sending them a simple email or request on Instagram.